The origins of the firm date back to 1916.
Austin Crean from Ballyhaunis began his practice from Bridge Street. He retired in 1937 and was succeeded by Micheal O’Cleirigh who had joined him in 1936. The name of the firm changed at that time to Crean & O’Cleirigh.
Patrick M. O’Dwyer joined the firm in 1939. In 1945, Micheal O’Cleirigh was appointed County Registrar for County Dublin and left private practice, with Patrick succeeding him as principal of the firm. Patrick continued until his death in 1965.
In 1968 John T. O’Dwyer began practising as the new Principal of the firm and changed the name to Crean O’Cleirigh & O’Dwyer.
In 2000, Evan O’Dwyer joined the firm, followed in 2006 by Laura Glennon, Elaine Silke in 2007 and in 2010 by Conor O’Dwyer.
In 2014 the name of the firm changed to O’Dwyer Solicitors.